- Why: “Contemporary coastal cuisine” served in a “casual fine dining restaurant” that is friendly and relaxed while still offering refined food and beverages. The dining room is lined with windows overlooking the Pamlico Sound. On balmy summer nights, guests can watch the sunset from tables on the soundfront deck.
- Where: The Inn on Pamlico Sound, 49684 NC-12, Buxton
- Hours: Breakfast 8-10 a.m. daily; Dinner 5-9 p.m. daily
- Info: Dinner reservations recommended. 866-Pamlico (726-5426), innonpamlicosound.com/dining
Po House OBX
- Why: This brand new restaurant offers an unobstructed view of the Pamlico Sound whether you are dining inside or out on their porch. Po House offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere while you enjoy fresh, local seafood, creative drinks, and more. Guests can catch a sunset and occasional live music on the deck.
- Where: 39450 NC-12, Avon
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Info: 252-995-3353; pohouseobx.com
Hatteras Sol Waterside Grill
- Why: “A casually sophisticated dining experience,” Hatteras Sol is perched overlooking the Teach’s Lair Marina at the tip of Hatteras Island. The menu features a variety of offerings and daily specials are playful dishes of locally sourced seafood.
- Where: 58646 NC-12, Hatteras Village
- Hours: Tuesday Saturday, “5 p.m. until”
- Info: 252-986-1414; hatterassol.com
Watermen’s Bar And Grill
- Why: Located at the back of the big red Real Watersports building, Watermen’s boasts a wall of windows and huge porch. The atmosphere is fast casual and guests order coffee, cocktails, and food at the bar to be brought to their tables. The outside porch features a stage with regular live music.
- Where: 25706 NC-12, Waves
- Hours: Daily, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. March 1-Dec. 1
- Info: 252-987-2000, watermensbarandgrill.com