- Details: A Tri-village staple for more than 30 years, Lisa’s pizza offers up a diverse menu of pizzas alongside Italian classics, generous salads, sandwiches, wraps, and addictive appetizers. The pizzas are hand-tossed, the Italian classics are homey, and the bar offers a number of North Carolina brews. Free delivery is offered in Rodanthe, Waves, and Salvo.
- Where: 24158 NC-12, Rodanthe
- Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, closed Mondays
- Info: 252-987-2525; lisaspizzeria.net/
- Details: A family run operation, Nino’s has been a staple in Avon for decades. Though Papa Nino has sadly passed, the restaurant is still serving Scilian classics, hand-tossed pizza, and solid menu of sandwiches, and salads. Delivery is available in Avon for those who crave hand-tossed pizzas with fresh, homemade dough.
- Where: 41188 Palazzolo Road, Avon
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. daily
- Info: 252-995-5358; facebook.com/Ninos-Pizza-177802998922175/
Gidget’s Pizza and Pasta
- Details: Tucked away in a shopping center, Gidget’s Pizza and Pasta is easy to miss but shouldn’t be skipped. The casual environment offers a large, sophisticated wine list, a matching beer list — including a selection of North Carolina microbrews — and a menu full of house made offerings. They offer more than 40 toppings to top their fresh, homemade pizza dough.
- Where: 41934 NC-12, Avon,
- Hours: 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, closed Sundays
- Info: 252-995-3109; http://www.pizzagidget.com/
- Details: Since 1994, Angelo’s has offered up pizza and American classics. Edy’s ice cream is on hand to satisfy your sweet tooth after you’ve eaten your fill of pizza. Angelo’s also offers 28 games arcade games, three pool tables, and an air hockey table to keep you entertained while you wait for your pizza.
- Where: 46903 NC-12, Buxton
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 11 a.m.-10 p.m Friday-Saturday; 4-9 p.m. Sunday
- Info: 252-995-6364, facebook.com/AngelosPizzaBuxtonNC/