- Details: The newest food truck on Hatteras Island serves a small menu featuring local seafood and homemade goodies like quiche, pimento cheese, and pulled pork. Daily specials are also available. Pamlico Sound views come free with every meal.
- Where: 24798 NC-12, Rodanthe
- Hours: 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Thursday-Sunday; closed Wednesday.
- Info: (828) 674-0166; https://www.facebook.com/anchorgrillobx/
Details: Located in Hatteras Landing, conveniently close to the ferry docks, Snack Shack serves breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served until 11 a.m., and menu items include breakfast sandwiches and wraps. Lunch features crabcakes, fish and shrimp tacos, Philly cheesesteaks, sandwiches, and fresh-made tuna poke.
Where: 58848 Marina Way, Hatteras
Hours: 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday; 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday-Saturday; Closed Sunday
Info: (252) 995-9500; https://www.facebook.com/Snack-Shack-2311781062424982/
- Details: Opened in 2018, Pamlico Deli is part wine bar, part deli with massive New York-style sandwiches, fresh salads, and meat and cheese boards. This family run restaurant has its roots in a multigenerational family-fun market in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and reborn on Hatteras. The deli focuses on quality, fresh ingredients, and being eco-friendly.
- Where: 50840 NC-12, Frisco
- Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Thursday; 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday-Saturday; 12.-5p.m. Sunday
- Info: (252) 995-3305; https://www.facebook.com/pamlicodeli/
Stu’s BBQ and Hot Dogs
- Details: One of the earliest efforts at a food truck on Hatteras, Stu’s BBQ and Hot Dogs has finally found a home parked by the Avon Pier. Start your day with a doughnut from Stu, and then cross the road to enjoy a fresh-made lunch from Stu after a successful day of fishing.
- Where: 41001 NC-12, Avon
- Hours: Call for hours
- Info: (252) 995-5060; https://www.facebook.com/Stus-BBQ-Hot-Dogs-269148970351442/