Ketch 55 Seafood Grill
Since 2004, this Avon spot has been serving up island traditional seafood, comfort food, sandwiches and more. Priding themselves on fresh ingredients, the menu offers something different for Hatteras diners, such as Sweet Pea Risotto, Tuna Tartare, Ocracoke oysters and winning daily specials. The dense wine list is accompanied by a large beer offering, including nine taps of regional brews, and a playful cocktail list. Outside dining and take-out are available to adhere to North Carolina’s COVID-19 regulations.
- Where: 40396 N.C. 12, Avon
- Hours: 5-9 p.m. daily
- Info: 252-995-5060; www.ketch55.com
Crispy cheese lovers, rejoice! The cheeseburgers here, known as the Smile Burger, are cooked on a flat-top grill and come surrounded by a halo of crispy, crunchy cheddar cheese. Specialty burgers like the Carolina Burger and Tex Mex also fill out this meat lover’s menu. Wraps, wings, paninis are also served, as well as plenty of seafood, generous salads, and ample side dishes, like fried okra.
- Where: 40618 N.C. 12, Avon
- Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday
- Info: 252-995-0311; www.facebook.com/obxburgerburger
Serving breakfast daily until 11:30 a.m., Fatty’s offers variety as well as children’s menu. Classic options like egg sandwiches, steak and eggs, and omelets join Southern classics like biscuits and gravy and shrimp and grits. Lunch features sandwiches, hot dogs and salads. For your sweet tooth, the eatery offers 32 flavors of Hershey’s ice cream.
- Where: 46618 N.C. 12, Buxton
- Hours: 8:30 a.m-2 p.m. Wednesday-Monday, ice cream available until 8 p.m.; closed Tuesday
- Info: 252-995-3288; www.facebook.com/Fattyseatery
Quarterdeck Restaurant & Bar
Since 1978, this unassuming Frisco eatery has been serving up fresh local seafood and homemade desserts. Newly refreshed, this classic spot serves up a menu sure to please with classics like crab cakes, fried oysters, build your own burger, daily specials, fresh catches and over-the-top pies. New for 2020, Quarterdeck is offering a drive-thru, curbside pickup, and live music from 5 to 8 p.m. on the sunset deck. Reservations are available for outdoor seating.
- Where: 54214 N.C. 12, Frisco
- Hours: 4-8:30 p.m. Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday; closed Wednesday and Saturday
- Info: 252-986-2425; www.facebook.com/quarterdeckfrisco