Harbor House Seafood Market
- Details: Family owned and operated, Harbor House Seafood stocks their coolers with fresh, locally caught seafood. Much of the wild caught fish on offer comes from their own boat, F/V Prowler. Harbor House also has plenty of shellfish on hand, and don’t skip Ms. Vicki’s famous seafood enchiladas.
- Where: 58129 NC-12, Hatteras
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Info: 252-986-2039; https://www.facebook.com/hhsfd
Sunrise Seafood Market
- Details: This sparkling clean market offers fresh local seafood from crabs to tilefish. Owner Mark is happy to chat seafood with visitors to the market. The market also offers seafood dips, crab cakes made from North Carolina crab, and steamer pots. No trip is complete without their key lime pie.
- Where: 40658 NC-12, Avon
- Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Daily
- Info: 252-995-7003; http://www.sunriseseafood.net/
Austin’s South Island Seafood
- Details: On offer here are cases of fresh, local seafood, local produce, and a variety of sauces and marinades to make it a one-stop shop for your seafood dinner needs. In addition to the seafood market, Austin’s also offers steamed seafood, fried seafood sandwiches, to-go items, and steamer pots. It also offers professional vacuum sealing for those who got lucky on a charter or fishing from the shore.
- Where: 24202 NC-12, Rodanthe
- Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Info: 252-987-1352; https://www.facebook.com/Austins-South-Island-Seafood-Vacuum-Packing-74411191050/
Risky Business Seafood
- Details: Since 1984, this family run seafood market has offered up some of the best in local seafood. Located on Oden’s dock, the display cases are packed with local fish, crab, and shellfish. The menu also offers steamed shrimp, homemade crabcakes, and other delightful seafood dishes.
- Where: 57896 NC-12 Hatteras
- Hours: 11 a.m.-7p.m Monday-Saturday, 1-7 p.m. Sunday
- Info: 252-986-2117; https://www.riskybusinessseafood.com/