Local Restaurants Joining in Dorian Relief Efforts: Dine Out for Disaster Relief
On Tuesday, Sept. 17, the Outer Banks Restaurant Association will host Dine Out for Disaster Relief — a fundraiser to help locals impacted by Hurricane Dorian.
Participating restaurants will donate 50% of their food sales on Tuesday to the Disaster Relief Fund through the Outer Banks Community Foundation.
The Outer Banks Community Foundation is a public charity helping to meet the needs of Dare County and all Outer Banks communities since 1982.
The Disaster Relief Fund is specifically aimed at helping all disaster victims of Hurricane Dorian in Ocracoke and Dare County.
A quick scroll through social media shows the ruin and loss left behind when Dorian barreled through the Outer Banks on Sept. 6, but it also reveals the strength, spirit, and support of OBX residents and the visitors who love to vacation here.
Proceeds from events like Dine Out for Disaster Relief continue to aid the rebuilding efforts in our communities, assisting individuals and families affected by this storm.
For all of us, taking part in Dine Out for Disaster Relief is as easy as enjoying a great meal at any of the contributing restaurants. Establishments donating 50% of their sales all day on Tuesday, Sept. 17, are:
- Sooey’s, 807 Ocean Trail, Suite B
- Coastal Cravings, 1209 Duck Road
- Red Sky Café, 1197 Duck Road
- Coastal Provisions Oyster Bar & Wine Bar Café, 1 Ocean Blvd
- Black Pelican, 3848 N. Virginia Dare Trail
- Shipwreck’s, 4020 N. Croatan Hwy.
Kill Devil Hills
- Beachside Bistro, 1731 N. Virginia Dare Trail
- Henry’s, 3396 N Croatan Hwy.
- Two Roads Tavern, 3105 N. Croatan Hwy.
- Sandbar’s Raw Bar and Grille, 1716 N Croatan Hwy,
- Rooster’s, 804 S Croatan Hwy.
- Sooey’s, 3919 S. Virginia Dare Trail
- Blue Water Grille, 2000 Sailfish Drive
- Simply Southern, 8627 Caratoke Hwy,. Harbinger
- Weeping Radish, 6810 Caratoke Hwy., Grandy
Those participating during specific hours, for lunch, happy hour, etc., are:
- The Blue Point, 1240 Duck Road, Duck (5-7 p.m.);
- Village Table and Tavern, 1314 Duck Road, Duck (3-6 p.m.);
- Barefoot Bernie’s, 3730 N. Croatan Hwy., Kitty Hawk (5-7 p.m.);
- Trio, 3708 N .Croatan Hwy., Kitty Hawk (3-6 p.m.);
- Sand Trap Tavern, 300 W. Eckner St., Kitty Hawk (lunch and dinner);
- Pigman’s BBQ, 1606 S. Croatan Hwy., Kill Devil Hills (11 a.m.-4 p.m.);
- Outer Banks Brewing Station, 600 S. Croatan Hwy., Kill Devil Hills (lunch only);
- Chili Peppers, 3001 N. Croatan Hwy., Kill Devil Hills (dinner); and
- Lucky 12’s, 3308 S. Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head (11:30 a.m.-3 p.m).
One hundred percent of the money donated by participating restaurants will be used to directly assist those in need.
This charitable event is a win-win; talented OBX chefs and restaurants creating the delicious food they’re known for and benefitting our local communities in need. This Tuesday, Sept. 17, get out, dine out, and share in supporting Disaster Relief.