Hatteras Yoga is devoted to instilling inner peace and wellness through its myriad classes, which range from beginning yoga for people with little- to know experience to those who have been engaged in the ancient practice and meditation for decades.
The benefits of yoga are supported by science and include:
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athle
- tic performance.
- Protection from injury
Yoga is known for its ability to ease stress and anxiety, and promote relaxation, and isn’t that what an Outer Banks vacation is all about, after all?
The goal during yoga practice is to challenge one physically, but not to feel overwhelmed. The instructors are there to help guide students so that each person can focus their awareness inward and develop breath and strength of mind and body.
If you can’t envision yourself in a contorted, gravity-defying poses, never fear: Hatteras Yoga has a class for you.
- An energizing practice with a series of postures connecting breath and movement in a dance-like rhythm. Suitable for all levels.
Power Vinyasa Flow:
- energetic class practiced in a room heated to approximately 80 degrees Fahrenheit, with a focus on elongating muscles, building strength and improving balance. Some yoga experience is recommended.
Beginner Vinyasa Flow:
- Perfect for anyone who has never taken yoga, the class introduces students to Ujjayi Breathing, the Sun Salutation, and a few basic beginner poses. Class closes with a final rest and meditation. Live music is part of the meditation time.
Restorative Slow Flow:
- A multi-level mix of slow-flow movement designed to restore the nervous system and help release deeply held tensions from the body and mind. Bolsters, blankets, eye pillows and sandbags are used to support and benefit students during class.
1/2 Primary Series:
- Students will practice a specific sequence of poses designed to stretch, strengthen and detoxify the body. Some simple hands on adjustments will be offered, and modifications will be shown as necessary. Appropriate for all levels.
- A session includes meditation, breathing exercise, and poses designed to build an awareness of body and mind, connecting both aspects of yourself for an enriched well-being. Beginner friendly, all levels welcome.
- The class explores the seven major chakras that are central to the energetic system within the body. Appropriate for all levels.
- Aimed at ages 3 to 9, the class incorporates a mixture of yoga basics in a fun and engaging way for their energetic minds. Activities are structured accordingly for each age group to ensure their safety. Parental or guardian supervision required for these classes.
Yoga Wheel Class:
- This guided class, which incorporates traditional vinyasa flow-style yoga, focuses on how to increase flexibility, breathe deeply in the postures, increase blood flow, and learn how to use the wheel to deepen your practice. Appropriate for all levels. Early registration recommended.