Final preparations are underway for the 2018 Outer Banks Seafood Festival, which is from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct.20, at the Soundside Event Site in Nags Head.
Food will be available for purchase all day from Basnight’s Lone Cedar Café, Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant, Dirty Dick’s Crab House, Greentail’s Seafood Market and Kitchen, Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, Mulligan’s Grille, Outer Banks Brewing Station, Proof Bakery, Stripers Bar and Grille, Sugar Creek Restaurant and Ten O Six.
In addition, there will be:
- Boat n’ Tackle Show
- Arts & Crafts and Non-Profit Educational Vendors
- “Shop Local” Vendors
- Mullet Toss
- Cooking Tent Demonstrations
The Festival schedule is as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. Gates Open
- 10:45 a.m.-11:45 a.m. The Jones Sisters
- 11:00 a.m. Cooking Demo with Sharon Peele Kennedy
- 11:50 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Opening Ceremonies
- 12:20 p.m.-1:15 p.m. Dr. Tom Band featuring Leslie Buck
- 12:30 p.m. Chef Cookoff with Randolph Sprinkle from Saltbox Café and Marcelo Ortega from Ortegaz
- 1:25 p.m.-2:20 p.m. No More Room Band
- 1:45 p.m. Mariculture in NC Q&A Session
- 2:30 p.m.-6 p.m. The Main Event Band
- 3 p.m. WICKED TUNA Outer Banks Captains Q&A
- 6 p.m. Festival ends
Tickets can be purchased onsite the day of the Festival or at brownpapertickets.com/event/3575599.
For more information, visit outerbanksseafoodfestival.org.