SOUTHERN SHORES, N.C.

Two homes were badly damaged by fires here within two minutes of each other early Sunday.

No one was injured, according to a release from the Southern Shores Fire Department.

A fire on High Dune Loop, reported at 2:15 a.m., was likely caused by a hot barbecue grill next to the house, the release said.

A fire on Duck Road, reported at 2:17 a.m., appears to have ignited from an electrical problem in a detached garage near the house.

Fire fighters from Duck, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Colington, Nags Head, Roanoke Island, Corolla, Lower Currituck and the North Carolina Forest Service responded.

Jeff Hampton, 252-491-5272, jeff.hampton@pilotonline.com

Locations

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.